Quebec’s receptive agencies and tour operators will finally have a way of making their views known.
As of April 11, 2008, and following consultation among several tourism sector stakeholders, the Association professionnelle des Receptives et des Forfaitistes du Québec (ARF-Québec) came into being.
The general objective of ARF-Québec is to secure recognition for the unique expertise that its member agencies have developed in terms of the Quebec product offering and to maximize the economic benefits thus generated.
ARF-Québec will leverage its knowledge of the realities shaping the work of agencies and wholesalers to develop and market Quebec-based packages, all with a view to becoming both a pole of expertise as well as a major player in dealings with the many tourism sector stakeholders.
- Exclusive online listing of packages on the “espacebus.ca” portal;
- Specific training programs for regular members; Pooled procurement;
- Networking between members and other sector stakeholders (seminars conventions, etc.);
- Development of an intranet for members;
- Development of a Web strategy consulting service;
- Representation of members in dealings with suppliers of tourism services;
- Representation of members in dealings with APAQ (Quebec Bus Owners Association), OPC (Consumer Protection Bureau) and the Quebec Ministry of Tourism;
- Production of a directory of regular members and suppliers;
- Purchase of group advertising on national and international markets;
- Lobbying service among the government agencies concerned;
- Negotiation of framework agreements with various associations, suppliers and institutions (ATRs (regional tourism associations), associations of hotel owners, restaurant owners, tourist attraction operators, etc.).